This school was located about five miles northwest of Hermitage, near the "Williams Bend" of the Pomme de Terre River. We believe it was built around 1900.
The small building in the foreground is the old well house.
Thanks to Fran Childers for these wonderful pictures, and especially for the names. Notice that while most of the given names changed between 1899 and the 1910s, the surnames are pretty much the same!
Return to Hickory County Photo Album